Miodrag Kojadinović

 


«Selfie-before-selfie, a self photo on a timer controlled old style regular film camera in front of a blackboard at the high school where I went to school in the 1970s and then taught English for 3 years before I got a job at the US Embassy in 1987 (and only ever returned to teaching at universities in 2000s). The writing behind me is mostly French, from a previous class, because English was facultative, not compulsory, so students came from various individual classrooms and so no one had a sponge to wipe off the blackboard, and I wrote on it in capitals to make the text stand out. Apparently this was about ethnics (I completely forgot what I was teaching 37 years ago), as DUTCH, DANISh (sic), GERMAN and RUSSIAN are discernible, as is POLE (not sure if this was about Polish people, probably) but also SURGEON, CHOOSE and SPLE... behind me, probably SPLENDID and not SPLEEN.»

.

.

additional information:

«At the time I hated that small town in Serbia, 50 minutes drive from downtown Belgrade, and I wanted to escape. Which I kinda did, leaving to work at three embassies in Belgrade before I moved on to Canada, until I got a citizenship there whereupon I immediately left it too.
I always wanted to have a small bar at the coast of Flanders, but it never happened. Now all I want is to settle in Portugal and the stupid EU laws still prevent me, just like the EEC laws prevented me from settling in the Low Countries in the early 1990s.
Recently my parents passed away in the same small town I used to teach (father of old age, mother murdered by covidmania protocols that prevented treatment of any serious diseases but the SARS-CoV2, and a prospector has offered me a relatively decent price on their house, but I no longer feel a need to escape it, because Belgrade a short drive away, or indeed any place but Lisbon is NOT a solution and Lisbon is undoable unless this photo seduces a Portuguese person of either sex to marry me.
I am very much into marriages of convenience as a subversion of the power that states woorldover have grabbed to manipulate individuals, so... Portuguse singles, go ahead!»

.

.

Miodrag Kojadinović (https://www.linkedin.com/in/mìodrag-kojadínović-鄺-妙讜), Yesterday (in 1985), when I was young, 1985 (probably), digitized photograph, 2368 x 2786 pixels

.

.

Front (on the blackboard):

various texts in French (predominantly) and English

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Payal Chakraborty

Alkistis Voulgari